Local Administration by People Participation..........

 

This Website is migrated to http://ud-hp.in

(For Latest updates pl. visit our this new official website )

 

 

.
....

Result Framework Document(RFD-2012-13)
Training Mannual and Training Plan
Public Service Gurantee Act,2011(PSG,Act,2011)
List of Elected Representatives of ULB's(2011 elections)
SLB's Notification and targets(2014-15)
Innovative natural Sewage treatment-ROOTZONE Technology
Status of ACR's of Officers/Officials
Job Profile
Monitoring Proformas for review and monitoring
ASSETS & LIABILITY RETURNS
Presentation on Prohibition of Employment as Manual Scavengers Act 2013
Useful Links:-
Himachal Pradesh Government

H.P. Notifications/Gazette

National Portal of India

 

Palika Bhawan, Talland, Shimla-2, H.P.

Directorate of Urban Development

Central Council of Local Self Govt. recommends:

Every State should have a Directorate of Municipal Committees under the charge of a Senior Officer with considerable knowledge and experience in Local Administration. The Directorate would exercise close supervision over the working of Chief Executive Officers and also give necessary guidance to Local Bodies. It will also function as the inspectorate of Local Bodies and by routine inspections ensure that the  performance of the Local Bodies is upto the mark.

CCLSG Resolution:

Himachal Pradesh is predominantly a  hilly region  and with the development of  network of various infrastructures, the Urban areas in the State are now fast growing.  Himachal Pradesh comprises the former Hill States and area ceded from Punjab and as per 2001 census, the population of Himachal Pradesh is 60.77 lacs out of which 90.22% are living in villages and remaining 9.78% are living in Urban areas.During the last decade(1991-2000) the  urban population has increased by  17.54% and this upward trend is likely to continue in future  which will result into more & more areas coming under the definition of towns. This has thrown  new challenges in the administration of Local Self Government.

In order to meet out these challenges of urbanization, the Directorate of Urban Development is a step forward towards efficient urban administration in a phased and coordinated manner.

TO CONTACT US : Phone : 0177 2626516, 2627130, 2627193 Fax  : 0177-2626518,2626516

Email : ud-hp(at)nic(dot)in

Contact Info ULBs...... click here

The executive committee felt that the objectives of the Planning Commission for the preparation of city Development plans and their integration with the state plans will not be fulfilled unless a small cell in created in each state taking up these problems and for  guiding the local bodies in the preparation of their schemes and plans. It was resolved that while the state Government should meet the full cost of setting-up of the Directorate of Urban Local Bodies the expenditure connected with the setting-up of a city development Plan cell in these Directorates should be met from a 100% grant from the centre. Such a grant will be conditional on the setting-up of a Directorate of Urban Local Bodies

Disclaimer:-

Content on this website is published and managed by Directorate of Urban Development. For any query regarding this website, please contact the Web Information Manager, Sh. Pardeep Verma, Jr. System Analyst at ud-hp@nic.in